Saturday 21 May 2011

Hibernation over!

Ahem, so yes, if you're ill and you do a blog, it doesn't always get updated that frequently .... or even that infrequently .. or even for six whole months!  Hehe!  Ah well, I'm going to give it another go just for fun!
In November I had to begin to push myself physically so that I'd be well enough to go to a rehabilitation place in Brecon.  When I say push myself physically I mean sit upright in a chair for more than a few minutes every day, walk for more than 20 seconds or so and wake up before 2pm (oh yes!) and STAY awake all day until 9-10pm.
Now for me, this was a HUGE challenge and it meant I had no energy left to do anything else other than eat and .. exist really! For some bizarre reason even sedentary activities like reading tire the heck out of me, sometimes more so than doing something more physical -bizarre I know, but there you go!  You know, I haven't read a whole book for years and years. Aah I do miss it but I listen to audiobooks to get my literary fix now, so it's not all bad!

I went to the rehab place in January which is for those with chronic pain and fatigue and since then it's been an uphill struggle keeping up with the regimen.  I'm still finding things really tricky, but I feel I have just that little bit more energy now to re-start my blog about the things that make me happy.  So ... bring on the good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment